You are here
Q: What are the opening hours of the library?
The Library is open on all days except the government declared holidays in the state of Kerala. Its working hours are:
- Normal working days: 8.00 am to 8.00 pm
- Second Saturday : 8.00 am to 2.00 pm
- Sunday : 8.30 am to 2.00 pm
Q: What are the telephone numbers for contacting the Library?
- Librarian : 0494 2407290
- Library Office : 0494 2407287
- Circulation Division : 0494 2407285
Contact information including e-mail addresses, is given here
Q: How do I join the Library?
- Terms and conditions are availble in the link Library Rules
Q: What should I do if I've lost my Library card/ Library Identity Card?
- Report it immediately to the circulation division.
- Duplicate Library card will be issued on payment of Rs. 20.00 and Rs. 25.00 for duplicate Library Identity Card subject to the verification report of the section concerned.
- In case of loss of Library Identity Card a stamp size photo is to be submitted.
Q: How do I check out books?
- Select the required book(s).
- Take it to the counter in the stack room along with the reader's ticket (one ticket for each book) and identity card.
- The book will be returned by stamping the respective due date with a token.
- Show the book at the property counter and hand over the token.
- Now you can leave the library with the book(s).
Q: How many items can I borrow?
- Teachers of the University Departments : 6
- All other members : 3
Q: How long can I borrow for?
- 30 days without fine.
Q: What should I do if the book I borrowed got lost?
- You can either replace the book (publication and purchase details can be obtained from acquisition division) or pay four times of the cost of book plus 20% of the cost price as processing charge.
Q: How do I renew an item?
Q: How do I reserve an item?
- Submit your request to the stack in the prescribed form (available from stack room).
Q: What digital resources are available to me?
- Please check the link
Q: May I photograph, scan, or photocopy library materials?
- Only with the permission of the divisions concerned.
Q: What are the overdue item fines and fees?
- Books issued from stack: 50 paise per volume per day.
- Text books issued from the reference section: Rs. 5.00 per volume (Issued after 7 pm and to be returned before 10 am the next day).
Q: How can a user recommend a book for purchase?
- Submit your recommendation to the acquisition section directly or
- Submit this form.